- (In ancient Rome) a virgin consecrated to Vesta and vowed to chastity, sharing the charge of maintaining the sacred fire burning on the goddess’s altar.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The purity of women represents and safeguards the purity of the state; thus the consecrated virginity of the Vestal Virgins upheld the integrity of ancient Rome.
- The punishment for lost chastity of a Vestal Virgin was live burial, because that was considered the best way to kill them without spilling their blood.
- It was the punishment stipulated for Vestal Virgins found guilty of sexual misconduct.
Más definiciones de Vestal VirginDefinición de Vestal Virgin en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.