- 1Relating to the reign of Queen Victoria: a Victorian houseMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The Little Brown book provides a fascinating study of life in Victorian times, its attitudes, squalor and suffering.
- It is a place of prostitution and opium, and a home to the many hapless children orphaned by the double standards of Victorian society.
- Lord Arthur Savile is a young, privileged pillar of Victorian society whose wedding day is soon approaching.
- 1.1Relating to the attitudes and values of society during Queen Victoria’s reign, regarded as characterized especially by prudishness and a high moral tone: a return to Victorian valuesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Gone are the pompous, moralistic tomes full of Victorian values and happy endings.
- I think they want to replace sex education with dark, Victorian values.
- This was a vote for old-fashioned Victorian values, a belief in patriotism, the family, church and public service.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A person who lived during the Victorian period: the Victorians had a passion for documenting, cataloguing and classifying the world around themMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Measure for Measure disgusted the Victorians, but appealed to 20th-century audiences.
- At best Victorians could float, dog-paddle, or thrash about a bit.
- One might say that the Victorians are not so much the origin of our present as we are a continuation of theirs.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Forster's early works reflect the trend of turn-of-the-century British writers to diverge from Victorianism.
- The reason is only marginally related to the general pejorative connotation that Victorianism carries.
- Both found a spiritual home in the stuffy, provincial atmosphere of colonial Victorianism.
Más definiciones de VictorianDefinición de Victorian en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.