Definición de Wampanoag en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or Wampanoags)
A member of a confederacy of American Indian peoples of SE Massachusetts.
- In March, the western Indians began negotiating for peace while the Wampanoags and Narragansetts returned to their homelands in search of food.
- Although colonists blamed ‘King Philip, ‘principal sachem of the Wampanoags, for starting hostilities, his warriors probably acted independently, not as part of an intertribal conspiracy.’
- The skulls may have hastened the war by convincing both the English and the Wampanoags that each broke promises neither made.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to or denoting the Wampanoag.
- At Plimoth, the public walks through an outdoor Wampanoag village staffed by actual men and women.
- Officials vetted the text of an oration that Frank B. James, a Wampanoag leader, was slated to deliver at a banquet celebrating the 350th anniversary of the Mayflower's landing.
- The Wampanoag leader Metacomet, known as ‘King Philip’ to the English, tried to get this practice outlawed, and when the British refused, a war ensued.
Narragansett, literally 'easterners'.
Definición de Wampanoag en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan