2The capital of the US; population 591,833 (est. 2008). It is coextensive with the District of Columbia, a federal district on the Potomac River with boundaries on the states of Virginia and Maryland. Founded in 1790, during the presidency of George Washington, it was planned and built as a capital city. Full name Washington DC.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- What is most troublesome of all is the strained attempt by all the Washingtonians (from Senators to journalists) to be ‘on camera’ and deliver their lines with feigned nonchalance.
- While intended to help lower-income Washingtonians, the exemption is available for any home in the nation's capital that is the occupant's ‘permanent’ residence.
- Wow, these Washingtonians are intense about their cherry blossoms.
Pronunciación: /ˌwɒʃɪŋˈtəʊnɪən/sustantivo & adjetivo
Definición de Washington en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.