- A flavivirus originally isolated in eastern Africa, transmitted by mosquitoes, usually between birds, but sometimes causing epidemics of disease (typically fever or encephalitis) in humans and horses: these pools can become a breeding ground for mosquitoes carrying West Nile VirusMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Humans typically acquire West Nile virus through a bite from an infected adult mosquito.
- Birds are the main carriers of the West Nile virus, which is spread by mosquitoes.
- Mosquitoes acquire West Nile virus from birds and pass it on to other birds, animals and people.
Más definiciones de West Nile virusDefinición de West Nile virus en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.