- 1A member of an American Indian community formed by Huron-speaking peoples, originally in Ontario, now living mainly in Oklahoma and Quebec.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Among the tribes represented were Delawares, Iroquois, Wyandots, Miamis, Ottawas, Pottawattamies, Creeks, Sac and Fox, Choctaw.
- An attack on an outlying settlement in January 1791 had prompted more than four years of conflict with the local Delawares and Wyandots.
- The chiefs and clan mothers of the Wyandot from Kansas, the Huron Wendat of Wendake, Que., and the Wendats from Michigan, joined the Wyandottes of Oklahoma for a ceremonial canoe trip down the Wye River.
- 2 [mass noun] The extinct Iroquoian language of the Wyandot.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This is a modern reprint of John Johnston's 1820 vocabulary of Wyandot (Huron), an unfortunately extinct Iroquoian Indian language.
- These clan names are all expressed in Wyandot, words so long and hard to properly pronounce that they are omitted here.
- 3 (usually Wyandotte) A domestic chicken of a medium-sized American breed.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Six laying hefts follow her everywhere - two each of the Buff Orpington, Silver-laced Wyandotte and White Leghorn breeds.
- The Plymouth Rock was developed from Cochin, Dorking, and Malay stock; the Wyandotte, a utility bird, had Cochin, Hamburgh, and Sebright bantam genes.
- In September 1945, and a five half month old Wyandotte rooster was pecking through the dust of Fruita, Colorado when its owner decided to prepare him for the pot.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the Wyandot people or their language.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Wyandot language has no native speakers today, so these vocabulary words come from early 19th-century sources and their pronunciation is uncertain.
- If you need to know a Wyandot word that is not currently on our page, you can take part in our Indian translations fundraiser, buy a Wyandot dictionary, or visit our main Wyandot language site for more free resources.
mid 18th century: from French Ouendat, from Huron Wendat.
Más definiciones de WyandotDefinición de Wyandot en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.