- A measure of elasticity, equal to the ratio of the stress acting on a substance to the strain produced.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Commercial nylon formulations often include plasticisers such as water, acids, alcohols and phenols, which reduce the yield stress and Young's modulus of the polymer, but increase the material toughness.
- The Young's modulus was obtained from a cylinder load test on the pile concrete.
- We observed a faster drug action at higher concentrations but only minor differences in the amount of decrease of the average Young's modulus.
mid 19th century: named after T. Young (see Young, Thomas).
Más definiciones de Young's modulusDefinición de Young's modulus en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.