sustantivo (plural igual or Zapotecs)
- 1A member of an American Indian people living in and around Oaxaca in southern Mexico.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Zapotecs of Mexico believed that the owl was associated with death, in that it gives notice when a man dies before flying off to retrieve his soul.
- A major feature of the transnational movement was the formation of ethnic enclaves by both Mixtecs and Zapotecs in major employment centers at destinations.
- The Aztecs arrived about 100 years after the Zapotecs did.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the Zapotec or their language.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- With no affordable alternative, Mixtec and Zapotec families lived for years in labor camps during the harvest season, returning to their native villages in the south when the work was done.
- Spanish is a second language to many of region's Zapotec people.
- I was in the jungle in Mexico, doing my undergraduate thesis on how the Zapotec Indians use plants for medical purposes.
from Spanish zapoteco, from Nahuatl tzapoteca, plural of tzapotecatl, literally 'person of the place of the sapodilla'.
Más definiciones de ZapotecDefinición de Zapotec en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.