- 1.2The Jewish people or religion.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A major personality among the Hovevi Zion was Judah Leob Pinsker.
- 2(In Christian thought) the heavenly city or kingdom of heaven.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The theme then, is the fear of freedom - that maybe Nirvana / Mecca / Heaven / Zion isn't that great.
- Twenty-three years after Marley went home to Zion, he still is heralded by many as a voice for the sufferers, for the poor, for those maligned by the majority.
- It was the dull glazed look that tells you being a cashier is not a stepping stone across the river of life to Zion on the other shore; she will be a cashier in one form or another forever.
- 2.1The Christian Church.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the New Testament, Zion represents the Church.
- 3A land of future promise or return from exile.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Seen this way, the return to Zion represents the completion of the promise made to Abraham.
- Protestant America in the nineteenth century viewed this as a ‘Christian nation,’ even ‘God's true Zion.’
- With an eye for detail and a metaphorical imagination, Chisholm explores what it means to be ‘footloose’ in a dream that pulled so many dreamers toward the American Zion.
Old English, from ecclesiastical Latin Sion, from Hebrew ṣīyōn.
Más definiciones de ZionDefinición de Zion en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.