Definición de Zoantharia en inglés:
A group of coelenterates with polyps that bear more than eight tentacles, including the sea anemones and stony corals.
- Subclass Zoantharia, class Anthozoa
- The Zoantharia includes the ‘true’ corals and most sea anemones, and it is by far the best represented in the fossil record.
- Sometimes the subclass Zoantharia is used instead, in which case hexacorals are included with Rugose corals and Horny Corals (Cerantipitharia).
- The main anthozoan subclass, which includes the corals, is the Zoantharia.
zoantharian sustantivo& adjetivo
- Example sentences
- Chaetodon capistratus is a browser who feeds on anthozoans preferring hexacoral such as scleractinians, anemones, and zoantharians.
- Specimens of Aeolidiopsis ransoni are found living on colonial zoantharians of the genus Palythoa.
- Of particular interest in this volume is the review of Sympagurus hermit crabs, some of which live in symbiosis with sea-anemones or zoantharians than can produce pseudo-shells.
Definición de Zoantharia en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary