Definición de Zoroastrianism en inglés:
- Aryan invaders of the second century B.C. established Zoroastrianism as the dominant religion in the area, lending the people their distinctive ethnic heritage as well as their name.
- The prophet Zoroaster introduced Zoroastrianism to Persia.
- Buddhism, Sikhism, Zoroastrianism and to some extent Jainism came from Hinduism.
According to the teachings of Zoroaster the supreme god, Ahura Mazda, created twin spirits, one of which chose truth and light, the other untruth and darkness. Later writings present a more dualistic cosmology in which the struggle is between Ahura Mazda (Ormazd) and the evil spirit Ahriman. The scriptures of Zoroastrianism are the Zend-Avesta. The religion survives today in isolated areas of Iran and in India, where followers are known as Parsees
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- My grandma taught me Zoroastrian and Persian melodies as well as the basic Zoroastrian prayers, Avesta.
- According to one version of the myth - perhaps heretical for most Zoroastrians - Ahura Mazda and Angra Mainyu were both born of Zurvan, or Time.
- Mitra, an important god connected with vows and covenants is also mentioned in the Zoroastrian pantheon under his Greco-Iranian name Mithras.
Definición de Zoroastrianism en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.