(also Zuñi /ˈzuːɲi/)
Definición de Zuni en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or Zunis)
1A member of a Pueblo Indian people of western New Mexico.
- They like to be called what they are - Utes, Hopis, Zunis - and collectively, they answer to ‘first people’.
- Kirk Bemis, the Zunis ' hydrologist, says that the appropriate studies on these other aquifers have yet to be done.
- She makes her living as an itinerant folksinger whose songs become her means of trying to claim an identity for herself as a Zuni.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Zuni or their language.
- She furthered Hopi and Zuni art in the Southwest, working in ceramics and silver.
- Logan had learned this tract was mistakenly omitted from the government's official demarcation of Zuni boundaries five years earlier.
- It seems he was given to going around in Zuni costume, but, his rivals complained, it was not strictly authentic.
Definición de Zuni en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary