Definición de aardwolf en inglés:
sustantivo (plural aardwolves /-wʊlvz/)
A black-striped nocturnal African mammal that feeds mainly on termites.
- Proteles cristatus, family Hyaenidae
- Aardvarks and aardwolves have this typical eutherian construction.
- The aardwolf is a undoubted termite specialist, lapping up exposed workers assembled along foraging trails.
- Even if pangolins are the sister group of carnivores, aardwolves are well nested within Carnivora in the family Hyaenidae.
mid 19th century: from South African Dutch, from aarde 'earth' + wolf 'wolf'.
Definición de aardwolf en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan