sustantivo (plural abbacies)
- The office or period of office of an abbot or abbess: the abbacy of Ely was vacant he made several notable improvements during his short abbacyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Nobles occupied all bishoprics and all the choicest abbacies and canonries.
- The distribution and control of offices, such as countships, abbacies, and bishoprics, became the main foci of the political rivalries.
- Some of its clergy married, and abbacies could be held by secular men.
late Middle English: from ecclesiastical Latin abbacia, from abbas, abbat- (see abbot).
Más definiciones de abbacyDefinición de abbacy en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.