Definición de abbreviate en inglés:
- I've got to agree with her about people abbreviating words when sending text messages.
- In order to save typing, many people will abbreviate common words and phrases.
- When there are lots of documents to be signed, I choose to abbreviate my signature.
- Our military decision-making process was abbreviated.
- Training hours are from 6 - 9 a.m. with Turfway abbreviating the period because it is concluding work on a new paddock and winner's circle.
- Hodges had his stay abbreviated but will return in March for a couple of months.
brief from Middle English:
Briefs or underpants, which were first worn in the 1930s, are literally ‘shorts’. Brief comes from the Latin word brevis, meaning ‘short’, a root shared by abbreviate (Late Middle English) and the musical note breve (Late Middle English), which used to mean a short note.
Palabras que riman con abbreviatealleviate, deviate
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.