Definición de abeyance en inglés:
- Manufacture of anti-retrovirals is being held in abeyance pending official government policy on the issue.
- A measure that passed Congress and was signed by the executive might still be held in abeyance on constitutional grounds by a court.
- This meant escalation of the pain that had been held in abeyance.
- Counsel agreed to hold these actions in abeyance until the question of entitlement is determined by this court.
- All property rights in the property to which the order relates lie in abeyance.
- However, there were times when East himself was publisher as well as printer, in particular during the periods when the patent was in abeyance.
late 16th century (in the legal sense): from Old French abeance 'aspiration to a title', from abeer 'aspire after', from a- 'towards' + beer 'to gape'.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Where other, more vigorous incentives are abeyant they can be expected to assume increased prominence.
- In 1986 Her Majesty agreed to comply with the advice proffered to her by the Lords regarding abeyant peerages.
- All Basset titles became abeyant or extinct before publication of the series began.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.