Definición de abhorrent en inglés:
Inspiring disgust and loathing; repugnant: racism was abhorrent to us all
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It's as abhorrent and repellent and disgusting to me as it ever was.
- The combination of horrific makeup, abhorrent timing, and trite jokes has literally become painful.
- The idea that covenant marriage ought to be sanctioned by the state is illiberal, reprehensible and abhorrent.
detestable, detested, hateful, hated, loathsome, loathed, despicable, despised, abominable, abominated, execrable, execrated, repellent, repugnant, repulsive, revolting, disgusting, distasteful, horrible, horrid, horrifying, awful, heinous, reprehensible, obnoxious, odious, nauseating, offensive, contemptible
- abhorrently adverbio
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The scenes of appalling neglect we witnessed in these sheds were abhorrently cruel.
- Those who vocalised their prejudices so abhorrently midweek did not speak for an entire country.
- The decision to replace someone is often taken on the basis of acquaintanceship, on the principle of personal devotion or, more abhorrently, for money.
Late 16th century: from Latin abhorrent- 'shuddering away from in horror', from the verb abhorrere (see abhor).
Palabras que riman con abhorrenttorrent, warrant
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda