- Alternation in the vowels of related word forms, especially in Germanic strong verbs (e.g. in sing, sang, sung): [as modifier]: an ablaut seriesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- When ablaut is a regular feature of a language's grammar, it is often called vowel gradation.
- It is the relationship between phonemic pitch and the nature of ablaut in standard Lithuanian which makes this clear.
- You can't even distinguish between the preterite and participle Germanic ablauts of English.
mid 19th century: from German, from ab 'off' + Laut 'sound'.
Más definiciones de ablautDefinición de ablaut en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.