- Deviating from what is normal or usual, typically in a way that is undesirable or worrying: the illness is recognizable from the patient’s abnormal behaviourMás ejemplos en oraciones
unusual, uncommon, atypical, untypical, non-typical, unrepresentative, rare, isolated, irregular, anomalous, deviant, deviating, divergent, wayward, aberrant, freak, freakish; strange, odd, peculiar, curious, bizarre, weird, queer; eccentric, idiosyncratic, quirky; unexpected, unfamiliar, unconventional, surprising, unorthodox, singular, exceptional, extraordinary, out of the ordinary, out of the way; unnatural, perverse, perverted, twisted, warped, corrupt, unhealthy, distorted, malformed; British out of the common
- Every episode marked him, though there is no evidence of any abnormal behaviour.
- His life has been so abnormal it is no surprise that he has such unusual views.
- The boy told the court his behaviour had been abnormal and not the sort of thing he wanted to do in the future.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When they function abnormally it appears to help cancer cells to grow.
- Drought is a prolonged, abnormally dry period when there is not enough water to meet normal or expected needs.
- These are people who are abnormally short for their age and have body weights below what is consistent with health.
mid 19th century: alteration (by association with Latin abnormis 'monstrous') of 16th-century anormal, from French, variant of anomal, via Latin from Greek anōmalos (see anomalous).