Definición de abolitionist en inglés:
A person who favours the abolition of a practice or institution, especially capital punishment or (formerly) slavery: [as modifier]: the abolitionist movement
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The themes of slavery and the abolitionist movement are clearly presented in the film - not just underlying themes as in the book.
- The Chartists opposed slavery and supported the abolitionist movement.
- They saw her as a modern incarnation of the abolitionists, who they believe struck down the evil of slavery and, in so doing, saved the Republic.
- Example sentences
- If you don't understand the role of religious faith as the foundation for influential movements from temperance, to prison reform, to abolitionism, then you don't understand American history.
- In the 1830s feminism as a self-conscious movement grew around abolitionism, particularly around the individualist anarchist William Lloyd Garrison.
- This is foolish since our greatest political movements - abolitionism, civil rights, etc. - were religious before they were political.
Definición de abolitionist en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan