- A person who favours the abolition of a practice or institution, especially capital punishment or (formerly) slavery: [as modifier]: the abolitionist movementMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The themes of slavery and the abolitionist movement are clearly presented in the film - not just underlying themes as in the book.
- The Chartists opposed slavery and supported the abolitionist movement.
- They saw her as a modern incarnation of the abolitionists, who they believe struck down the evil of slavery and, in so doing, saved the Republic.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If you don't understand the role of religious faith as the foundation for influential movements from temperance, to prison reform, to abolitionism, then you don't understand American history.
- In the 1830s feminism as a self-conscious movement grew around abolitionism, particularly around the individualist anarchist William Lloyd Garrison.
- This is foolish since our greatest political movements - abolitionism, civil rights, etc. - were religious before they were political.
Más definiciones de abolitionistDefinición de abolitionist en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.