1Relating to or denoting the side or end that is furthest from the mouth, especially in animals that lack clear upper and lower sides such as echinoderms: the aboral surface
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The mouth leads to the intestine and anus, which is located in the center of the aboral surface in regular echinoids.
- It is composed of only four plate circlets (three infrabasals, five basals, five radiais, and five orals), it lacks anal plates, it has radials without radial facets or arms, and the anus is along the side of the aboral cup.
- The interambulacrum of Meekechinus contains only three columns of plates, which is more similar than the aboral side of Pronechinus to the interpretation of the interambulacrum of the Brownwood echinocystitid.
1.1Moving or leading away from the mouth.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Fraction A contained the mesocolic or perirectal tissues around the tumor and 1 cm away in both oral and aboral directions.
- It is equally clear that the region aboral to the marginal frame is a part of the perforate extraxial body wall (with the possible exception of the centrodorsal, which is likely imperforate extraxial).
- Members of the phylum Ctenophora bear some general similarities to cnidarian medusae including a gelatinous mesenchymal layer and a symmetrical organization around an aboral / oral axis.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Alignment of individual elements shows that plates proximal to the stem attachment have c axes inclined aborally, but more distal plates have more adorai inclinations.
- In contrast, the ‘primary circlet’ of centrodorsal and primary interradials form more aborally, close to, or embedded in the non-rudiment part of the body wall.
- Plates in equatorial positions on the theca are perpendicular to plate surfaces whereas plates near the stem attachment are inclined aborally and plates near the oral surface are inclined adorally.
Palabras que riman con aboralaural, choral, floral, goral, oral
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: ab¦oral
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda