Definición de abrade en inglés:
Scrape or wear away by friction or erosion: it was a landscape slowly abraded by a fine, stinging dust
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She stayed longer than usual in the shower, wishing for the rushing hot needles of water to abrade her skin and erode the still-vivid impressions of his touch.
- Split skin grafting is another technique in which the white patch is covered by skin after it is abraded.
- Communal life can abrade some of the rough edges of a person, the monks agreed, but in communal living you also learn surprising things about yourself.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Henning notes the use of clinker abraders at the Blood Run site.
- The sandstone abraders were small, the largest being 8.23 cm in length and the smaller 3.94 cm.
- They are composed of either particles or physical abraders such as sandpaper, steel wool, scrubbing pads, etc.
Late 17th century: from Latin abradere, from ab- 'away, from' + radere 'to scrape'.
Palabras que riman con abradeafraid, aid, aide, ambuscade, arcade, balustrade, barricade, Belgrade, blade, blockade, braid, brigade, brocade, cannonade, carronade, cascade, cavalcade, cockade, colonnade, crusade, dissuade, downgrade, enfilade, esplanade, evade, fade, fusillade, glade, grade, grenade, grillade, handmade, harlequinade, homemade, invade, jade, lade, laid, lemonade, limeade, made, maid, man-made, marinade, masquerade, newlaid, orangeade, paid, palisade, parade, pasquinade, persuade, pervade, raid, serenade, shade, Sinéad, staid, stockade, stock-in-trade, suede, tailor-made, they'd, tirade, trade, Ubaid, underpaid, undismayed, unplayed, unsprayed, unswayed, upbraid, upgrade, wade
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda