- Scrape or wear away by friction or erosion: it was a landscape slowly abraded by a fine, stinging dustMás ejemplos en oraciones
- She stayed longer than usual in the shower, wishing for the rushing hot needles of water to abrade her skin and erode the still-vivid impressions of his touch.
- Split skin grafting is another technique in which the white patch is covered by skin after it is abraded.
- Communal life can abrade some of the rough edges of a person, the monks agreed, but in communal living you also learn surprising things about yourself.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Henning notes the use of clinker abraders at the Blood Run site.
- The sandstone abraders were small, the largest being 8.23 cm in length and the smaller 3.94 cm.
- They are composed of either particles or physical abraders such as sandpaper, steel wool, scrubbing pads, etc.
late 17th century: from Latin abradere, from ab- 'away, from' + radere 'to scrape'.