Definición de abrupt en inglés:
- I just think I've had too many sudden, abrupt, unexpected, and unwelcome changes in my plans to be able to commit to more plans in advance.
- A completely unexpected and abrupt ending saw my jaw drop.
- The fairy tale romance has come to an abrupt and totally unexpected end.
- Having said that, I do not think I deserved the very abrupt and curt way in which I was treated by Mr Hutchinson on trying to explain the situation to him.
- Deron's expression showed nothing, though I knew he must be surprised by the abrupt rudeness of it.
- ‘They were quite abrupt and offhand,’ says Elliot, who is now 39.
- Jordan, unfortunately, compounds this weakness with an abrupt style.
- The text breaks into the temple of Russian literature with its lively and trembling, shocking and abrupt style.
- Despite her abrupt style winning her as many friends as it did enemies, there was no denying that she deserved to be there.
- She glanced at it briefly, taking in the trembling peaks and abrupt cliffs and faces.
- And then, the western flank of the Wasatch Mountains rises up, sheer and abrupt, to shock as much snow from the clouds as possible.
- The result is an interplay between the pulsating red ground, the closer-hued biomorphic forms and the abrupt vertical black elements.
late 16th century: from Latin abruptus 'broken off, steep', past participle of abrumpere, from ab- 'away, from' + rumpere 'break'.
The Latin source of this word was abrumpere ‘broken off, steep’, from rumpere ‘to break’. In the past, abrupt could be used as a noun meaning ‘abyss’ (Milton Paradise Lost: ‘Upborn with indefatigable wings Over the vast abrupt’).
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Yet the lines of communication have been abruptly and unilaterally shut down.
- Not only would consumer spending be reined in abruptly, but housing demand would take a big hit.
- The mood shifts abruptly, as the next cut is to what appears to be a tender love scene.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The notion that bureaucratic infighting and occasional abruptness of manner should disqualify one from high office is laughable.
- The abruptness of the closure announcement has left them shocked and desperately searching for an alternative venue.
- Although they had long feared for the future of their club, they were not prepared for the abruptness of the end.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.