Definición de abscess en inglés:
- Surgery may be necessary to drain abscesses, debride infected tissue, or stabilize the spine and relieve spinal cord compression.
- However, subcutaneous injections can cause abscesses and granulomas.
- Cerebral abscesses are typically circumscribed lesions with surrounding vasogenic edema.
Mid 16th century: from Latin abscessus 'a going away', from the verb abscedere, from ab- 'away from' + cedere 'go', referring to the elimination of infected matter via the pus.
cede from early 16th century:
Cede is from French céder or Latin cedere ‘to yield, give way, go’. Cedere is a rich source of English words including abscess (mid 16th century) ‘going away’ (of the infection when it bursts); access [Middle English] ‘go to’; ancestor (Middle English) someone who went ante ‘before’; antecedent (Late Middle English) from the same base as ancestor; cease (Middle English); concede (Late Middle English) to give way completely; decease (Middle English) ‘go away’; exceed (Late Middle English) to go beyond a boundary; intercede (late 16th century) go between; predecessor (Late Middle English) one who went away before; proceed (Late Middle English) to go forward; recede (Late Middle English) ‘go back’; and succeed (Late Middle English) ‘come close after’.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- For a faster recovery from an abscessed tooth, apply a warm-water compress and rinse with warm salt water.
- Locate dental problems such as cavities, abscessed teeth and other tooth and jaw abnormalities
- This allows anesthesia of the area long enough to introduce the blade into the abscessed area for drainage.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.