Definición de abscission en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Botany
The natural detachment of parts of a plant, typically dead leaves and ripe fruit: leaf abscission in trees [as modifier]: abscission layer
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The presence and balance of plant hormones have been shown to affect abscission of leaves, flowers, and immature and mature fruit.
- Ethylene is involved in many biological processes, like fruit ripening, flower and leaf abscission, senescence, many stress acclimations, and growth.
- They produce numerous biological effects including promotion of leaf senescence and abscission, stomatal closure, inhibition of root growth, and germination of non-dormant seeds.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The seeds and any abscised siliques were collected from plastic collars around the plant.
- Abscission dynamics was obtained by plotting abscised fruitlets collected from the ground at 1 d intervals and expressed per tree.
- In the short term, stomata usually open again within a few days when water stress is still imposed. ‘Xeromorphic’ leaves are often the first to be abscised after rewatering and new leaves are formed by bud break.
Early 17th century: from Latin abscissio(n-), from abscindere, from ab- 'off' + scindere 'to cut'.
Definición de abscission en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda