Definición de abscond en inglés:
1Leave hurriedly and secretly, typically to escape from custody or avoid arrest: the barman absconded with a week’s takings 176 detainees absconded
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- What will happen if these fellows escape or abscond tomorrow?
- I will not abscond in order to avoid extradition to Mexico.
- If a client absconds, and the solicitor has clear instructions as to how to proceed, then it could be argued that he has either express or implied authority to continue to represent him.
make a break for it, take to one's heels, make a quick getaway, beat a hasty retreat, show a clean pair of heels, run for it, make a run for it;
informal do a bunk, do a moonlight flit, cut and run, skedaddle, skip, do a runner, head for the hills, do a disappearing/vanishing act, fly the coop, take French leave, scarper, vamoose
North American informal take a powder, go on the lam
1.1(Of a person on bail) fail to surrender oneself for custody at the appointed time: charges of absconding while on bail
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The spokesman said: ‘Since his conviction for both offences he absconded from bail and his current whereabouts are sought by the police.’
- Judge Simon Fawcus sentenced him to 18 years for one charge of conspiracy to rob and nine months, to run concurrently, for absconding from bail.
- He was given two months' jail for the first breach of the ASBO, two months for the second breach, and two weeks for absconding from bail, all to run consecutively.
Mid 16th century (in the sense 'hide, conceal oneself'): from Latin abscondere 'hide', from ab- 'away, from' + condere 'stow'.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Indeed, it seems that an attempt to arrest the real absconder on the basis of this warrant would have been unlawful, since he was not the person named in it.
- The man who had ruled his country with a brutal and inflexible religious law was now ‘an absconder, a fugitive from justice’ he said.
- Our goal is to stabilize the ratio of people who are now becoming absconders or fugitives and the number of people we're removing from the country.
Pronunciación: /əbˈskɒndə/ /abˈskɒndə/sustantivo
Palabras que riman con abscondbeau monde, beyond, blonde, bond, correspond, demi-monde, despond, fond, frond, Gironde, haut monde, pond, respond, ronde, second, wand
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán