A development of abstract art which originated in New York in the 1940s and 1950s and aimed at subjective emotional expression with particular emphasis on the spontaneous creative act (e.g. action painting). Leading figures were Jackson Pollock and Willem de Kooning.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- There is also a large selection of styles - from landscapes and still lifes to abstract expressionism and surrealist art.
- In addition, the post-war New York school of abstract expressionism - of which he and Jackson Pollock were the leading members - was not just another art movement.
- Clark assures the reader that he is not being ironic when praising abstract expressionism for its vulgarity: the strength of this art cannot be separated from its ‘true petty-bourgeois pathos’.
abstract expressionist sustantivo& adjetivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- For his inaugural show, Mokoena exhibited a series of abstract expressionist paintings by Roger Botembe, a well-known figure from Kinshasa in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- You had a kind of confidence, it sounds to me, that gave you the courage to begin to expand, to transfer some of the methods of the surrealist and abstract expressionist artists into the poetry.
- The second work you see is a pair of paintings by the doomy abstract expressionist Barnett Newman, his rightly celebrated Adam and Eve, from 1950-52.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: ab|stract ex|pres¦sion|ism
Definición de abstract expressionism en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda