- 1 • informal Extremely bad; appalling: the quality of her work is abysmalMás ejemplos en oraciones
very bad, dreadful, awful, terrible, frightful, atrocious, disgraceful, deplorable, shameful, woeful, hopeless, lamentable, laughable, substandard, poor, inadequate, inferior, unsatisfactory• informal rotten, appalling, crummy, pathetic, pitiful, useless, lousy, shocking, dire, poxy, the pitsNorth American • vulgar slang chickenshit
- My summing up of her abysmal and shameful performance is written below.
- Since the demise of the Catch Me Com buses the No 4 Highercroft route has degenerated from poor to absolutely abysmal.
- I don't know, but I am sure that anonymity plays its part when these abysmal and frighteningly stupid people decide to view this stuff.
- 2 • literary Very deep: waterfalls that plunge into abysmal depthsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Will computers close the final gap, and find in their own depths, abysmal or otherwise, an instinctual feel for the wrong move at the right time?
- He yawned widely; from the depths of the abysmal abyss stretching beyond his throat emerged his tongue.
- He wore a deep green robe and had the same black abysmal eyes as Mrs. Flockhart.
- [as submodifier]: a boy who is abysmally lazyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Apart from these abysmally claustrophobic compartments, there is a special pit reserved for two pythons, that lay entwined in extreme good natured camaraderie.
- Some people may treat this lightly but I think it is outrageous that a well known professional body has a so-called ethical counselling service that failed so abysmally.
- His words were not ‘taken out of context’, they were entirely irrelevant to the context, and abysmally stupid to boot.