- My summing up of her abysmal and shameful performance is written below.
- Since the demise of the Catch Me Com buses the No 4 Highercroft route has degenerated from poor to absolutely abysmal.
- I don't know, but I am sure that anonymity plays its part when these abysmal and frighteningly stupid people decide to view this stuff.
- Will computers close the final gap, and find in their own depths, abysmal or otherwise, an instinctual feel for the wrong move at the right time?
- He yawned widely; from the depths of the abysmal abyss stretching beyond his throat emerged his tongue.
- He wore a deep green robe and had the same black abysmal eyes as Mrs. Flockhart.
The original literal sense of abysmal was ‘very deep’, and people did not start using it to describe something utterly appalling, ‘the pits’, until the beginning of the early 19th century. The word shares a source with abyss (Late Middle English) Greek abussos ‘bottomless’.
Palabras que riman con abysmalbaptismal, catechismal, dismal, paroxysmal
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: abys|mal
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.