(also Acarina /ˌakəˈrʌɪnə/)
A large order (or subclass) of small arachnids which comprises the mites and ticks. They are distinguished by an apparent lack of body divisions.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Among the 11 extant orders of arachnids, Araneae and Acari (ticks and mites) are by far the most species rich.
- The Chelicerates include among their number both the tiniest (the microscopic Acari or mites) and the hugest (the giant Paleozoic Eurypterida) of all the Arthropoda.
- In addition to Diptera, CI has since been found to be a Wolbachia-induced trait in a wide diversity of arthropod orders, including Acarina, Coleoptera, Homoptera, Hymenoptera, Isoptera, Lepidoptera, and Orthoptera.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Heavy infestations of acarid mites indicate that storage conditions are too damp or dusty.
- When veterinarian Liu Guiqing of Shanghai Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Station treated a dog for acarid, she was surprised to discover the animal's owner, a divorced man who was very attached to the dog, was also ill.
- Most dejecta of dust acarid may be found on home mattress, pillow, bedquilt, sofa, carpet and curtain.
Modern Latin (plural), from acarus, from Greek akari 'mite'.
Definición de Acari en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda