- The study of mites and ticks.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Ronald Ochoa, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's chief expert on mites, is about to transform the 200-year-old study of mites - the science called acarology.
- These advances herald a new age for acarology and provide easier, faster, and more efficient ways to control and use mites to benefit humans.
- Systematic and Applied Acarology Society - Dedicated to promoting the development of acarology in China and enhancing communication among acarologists in the world.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is headed by renowned acarologist Carl C. Childers, an entomology professor with the University of Florida.
- ‘Although conventional SEMs have been used by acarologists for the past 30 years, Wergin's technique has many advantages,’ says Ochoa.
- Goff's professional career started at the Bishop Museum in Honolulu, where he worked as an acarologist.
early 20th century: from Greek akari 'mite, tick' + -logy.
Más definiciones de acarologyDefinición de acarology en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.