The study of mites and ticks.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Ronald Ochoa, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's chief expert on mites, is about to transform the 200-year-old study of mites - the science called acarology.
- These advances herald a new age for acarology and provide easier, faster, and more efficient ways to control and use mites to benefit humans.
- Systematic and Applied Acarology Society - Dedicated to promoting the development of acarology in China and enhancing communication among acarologists in the world.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It is headed by renowned acarologist Carl C. Childers, an entomology professor with the University of Florida.
- ‘Although conventional SEMs have been used by acarologists for the past 30 years, Wergin's technique has many advantages,’ says Ochoa.
- Goff's professional career started at the Bishop Museum in Honolulu, where he worked as an acarologist.
Early 20th century: from Greek akari 'mite, tick' + -logy.
Definición de acarology en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda