- 1Spoken with or characterized by a particular accent: he spoke in slightly accented EnglishMás ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘You could say these movies show the limited imagination of the screenwriter,’ he says, speaking quickly in heavily accented English that is actually far better than he claims it is.
- If the clerk at the Swiss bank was surprised to answer the phone to a gruff, Middle Eastern sounding man speaking in heavily accented English, she did not show it.
- She waxes eloquent in accented English while he speaks chaste Urdu.
- 2(Of a word or syllable) stressed: a metrical foot consisting of two unaccented syllables followed by one accented syllableMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Specifically, tone is a pitch contour that begins on an accented SYLLABLE and continues to the end of a tone group: that is, up to but not including the next stressed syllable.
- My favorite part is the discussion, scattered throughout the work, of the interaction of lexical, morphological and phrasal factors in determining which syllables are accented.
- But the most dramatic departure is found in the final line, which contains two dactyls and a single accented syllable which we have to regard as the initial syllable of a third dactylic foot.
Más definiciones de accentedDefinición de accented en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.