Definición de acclimatize en inglés:
verbo[no object] (often acclimatize to or be/become acclimatized to)
1Become accustomed to a new climate or new conditions; adjust: it’s unknown whether people will acclimatize to increasingly warm weather
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Having acclimatized to the less-than-welcoming conditions, the Royals moved on to the tactical phase of the training.
- The timing of these tours of Zimbabwe and South Africa could not have been more opportune and is an ideal chance to get acclimatized to the conditions.
- There appeared little for Yorkshire to fear, however, as Lehmann acclimatised to English conditions with two sixes and two fours but when he went the collapse left Yorkshire ruing their errors.
1.1 Biology Respond physiologically or behaviourally to changes in a complex of environmental factors. Compare with acclimate.
- This guard cell response to CO 2 acclimatizes to the environmental conditions on the transfer of plants between the two environments.
- B. napus inflorescences were unable to acclimatize to the increased temperatures as seed production was inhibited throughout the HTS periods, regardless of the duration of the stress.
- Several new studies point to evidence that some organisms with limited capacities to acclimatize to thermal or hydric change may be limited in their ability to survive future climate changes.
1.2 [with object] Botany & Horticulture Harden off (a plant).
- Both exotic and indigenous species were acclimatised, and specialised sections, such as rosaries, ferneries, borders, and cactus gardens, developed.
- Six-week-old plants were acclimatized in the greenhouse.
- In addition, the potted seedlings were acclimatized to a glasshouse conditions through gradual decrease of the humidity to 80%.
- Example sentences
- The second day would be acclimatisation and orientation.
- Day one would be set aside for reporting at the base camp, and on the second day participants will have a session on acclimatisation and orientation.
- For the Himalayan expedition, trekkers would have to spend a day for acclimatisation and orientation.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan