Definición de accolade en inglés:
- This film, besides winning numerous European awards and accolades, is the highest-grossing German film in that country's history.
- His award and accolades must be numerous, though I can't name any.
- As a special Andy received numerous accolades and awards, including an MBE in 2001, for services to Gloucestershire's special constabulary.
- He never puts himself forward for any praise or accolades but just drifts on, season after season, one of the most consistent performers in the game.
- Students and teachers are to be complimented and praised, with special accolades to Paula Gardiner, NCTM, for organizing this event.
- I am not writing this letter looking for praise or accolades for my efforts.
- Knighthood was conferred by the overlord with the accolade.
- A squire could also be knighted on the battlefield, in which a lord simply performed the accolade.
- The Accolade was a ceremony anciently used in conferring knighthood.
The Provençal word acolada is the source of accolade. This literally meant an embrace or a clasping around the neck, and described the gesture of a friendly hug that was sometimes made when knighting someone, as an early alternative to a stroke on the shoulder with the flat of a sword. The ultimate root of the Provençal word is Latin collum ‘neck’, from which we also get collar (Middle English).
Palabras que riman con accoladeAdelaide • rollerblade
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.