- 1Something that has been achieved successfully: the reduction of inflation was a remarkable accomplishmentMás ejemplos en oraciones
- These are great accomplishments, achieved by peaceful consensus, something unprecedented in history.
- Mick Jagger once said that John's ambition was simple: to become the most famous person on the planet, an accomplishment he pretty well achieved.
- It is a remarkable accomplishment on many levels.
- 1.1 [mass noun] The successful achievement of a task: the accomplishment of planned objectivesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- What are the chances that any personal risk factors will affect the safe and successful accomplishment of the task or activity?
- The followers look to the leader for encouragement, strength and the promise of successful accomplishment of the mission.
- As airmen, successful mission accomplishment is our job, and receiving TACON for a mission is both a duty and an honor.
- 1.2An activity that a person can do well: typing was another of her accomplishmentsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This is not to say that you have to clam up totally about your accomplishments - no way!
- His accomplishments contradict his humble beginnings in Bow.
- Her work and accomplishments have led to numerous honors, dance awards, grants, and fellowships.
- 1.3 [mass noun] Skill or ability in an activity: a poet of considerable accomplishmentMás ejemplos en oraciones
ability, talent, skill, gift, attainment, achievement, aptitude, faculty, capability, proficiency, forte, knackexpertise, skill, skilfulness, expertness, adeptness, adroitness, deftness, dexterity, ability, prowess, mastery, achievement, competence, competency, capability, proficiency, efficiency, aptitude, artistry, art, finesse, flair, virtuosity, experience, professionalism, talent, cleverness, smartness, ingenuity, versatility• informal know-how
- In the midst of his engagement with the concerns of the community, he gave attention to the mastery of physical skills and literary accomplishment.
- The right model for the teacher unions is the medieval craftsman guilds, the hallmarks of which were professional ability and demonstrated accomplishment.
- This is true even among artists of considerable accomplishment.