- 1The acquisition or gradual gathering of something: the accumulation of wealthMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Such gradual accumulation overcomes our defense mechanisms and often as not causes renal failure.
- Neither imperialism nor colonialism is a simple act of accumulation and acquisition.
- This majority alliance is a process of gradual accumulation.
- 1.1 [count noun] A mass or quantity of something that has gradually gathered or been acquired: the accumulation of paperwork on her deskMás ejemplos en oraciones
amassing, building up, build-up, collection, gathering, assembling, assembly, stockpiling, hoarding, cumulation, accrual• rare amassmentmass, build-up, pile, heap, stack, collection, gathering, stock, store, stockpile, reserve, hoard, bank, pool, fund, mine, reservoir, cumulation, accrual, aggregation, accretion, agglomerate, agglomeration
- Unlike most ski nations, there is no tradition of blasting snow-heavy slopes to release dangerous accumulations in the back-country.
- Forecasters expect significant accumulations of snow from Virginia and North Carolina into New England.
- Therefore, there is a strong possibility that dangerous accumulations of this toxicant exist in humans and animals.