- 1 Chemistry A salt or ester of acetic acid, containing the anion CH3COO− or the group —OOCCH3.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Benzyl acetate, from acetic acid, has a jasmine odor.
- As the hydrogen ion concentration increases, the acetate concentration and acetic acid concentration must adjust for the value of the equilibrium constant to be maintained.
- These may contain solvents such as toluene, isopropryl alcohol, ethyl and butyl acetates, acetone and other ketones.
- 2 [mass noun] Cellulose acetate, especially as used to make textile fibres or plastic: [as modifier]: acetate silkMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It may be mentioned that the company is credited with many firsts - introduction of pre-wash, wrinkle-free, golf-ball-wash, stain- and wrinkle-free, stretchable and celanese acetate fibre garments.
- Floppy disk platters are, well, thin and floppy and made of acetate plastic.
- EVITA PERONI products made out of plastic, nylon or acetate can be gently washed with warm water and then dried with a soft cloth.
- 2.1 [count noun] A transparency made of cellulose acetate film.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- TRANSPARENCY TRACINGS Transparency tracing of wound surface area consists of outlining the wound perimeter on acetate transparent film.
- Root growth was recorded by tracing on an acetate film.
- It's important to use the kind that is compatible with the equipment you are using to get the images on the acetate or transparency.
- 2.2 [count noun] A sample version of a recording disc cut by a stylus rather than formed by a stamper, and coated with cellulose acetate.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I find it interesting to compare contemporary pianists’ playing to the composer's, since we do have recordings of the source - piano rolls, radio recordings, private acetates.
- Several of these recordings are acetates or test pressings that exist in only a single copy.
- I have an old acetate recording of this marvellous performance.
Más definiciones de acetateDefinición de acetate en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.