- A small, dry one-seeded fruit that does not open to release the seed.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Fruits of this species are glabrous achenes, with sepals modified into plumose bristles and are frequently wind-dispersed.
- Seed set was estimated as the percentage of cross-pollinated flowers that produced achenes (one-seeded fruits).
- After fertilization, several achenes are produced per capitulum, and seeds are wind-dispersed.
mid 19th century: from modern Latin achaenium, derived irregularly from a- 'not' + Greek khainein 'to gape'.
Más definiciones de acheneDefinición de achene en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.