- 1The level of acid in substances such as water, soil, or wine: the increased acidity of rainfallMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In trying to link the acidity of rainfall to the acidity of soils and water it is essential to understand the role that soils play in releasing chemicals into solution as a result of natural weathering.
- Organic farming has many benefits to the environment since it prevents soil and water contamination by chemicals which reduce soil fertility and increase acidity.
- It may grow on sites with varying soil water availability and acidity, as well as at different above-ground light availabilities.
- 1.1The level of acid in the gastric juices, typically when excessive and causing discomfort: smoking does not affect gastric acidityMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Therefore, future clinical solutions may also include pharmacological management of gastric acidity or esophageal reflux in at-risk individuals.
- Excessive acidity and osmotic pressure in the gastric effluent can also retard emptying.
- Duodenal ulcers and gastric ulcers seem to develop along different pathways, involving high and low gastric acidity, respectively.
- 2Bitterness or sharpness in a person’s remarks or tone: the cutting acidity in his voiceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- There was only the slightest bit of acidity in his tone.
- The gravel in the Brooklyn tones, the acidity in the wit and the raucous laugh remind us we are in the presence of one of the most controversial figures in literary history.
- I had to try really, really hard to instil some acidity into my voice.
Más definiciones de acidityDefinición de acidity en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.