sustantivo[mass noun, usually as modifier] Military , • informal
- Anti-aircraft gunfire: a quick burst of ack-ack fireMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Keating and the officers and men went to sleep under clean skies, a sleep disturbed by the angry bark of ack-ack batteries and the drone of German planes looking for the beaches.
- But the war grew wings and swept on and except for one Ju 88 who buzzed the field without biting yet drew 5000 rounds from the eager ack-ack boys.
- The flight across the Channel was uneventful, but as soon as the formation crossed into German territory, ack-ack started opening up.
signallers' name for the letters AA; ack for A was replaced in military use by able in 1942.
Más definiciones de ack-ackDefinición de ack-ack en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.