1A tropical West African tree which is cultivated for its fruit and has been introduced into the Caribbean and elsewhere.
- Blighia sapida, family Sapindaceae.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Using flashlights to look outside, it seems as if part of the ackee tree has fallen down.
- Fond d' Or is a lush green wooded area with coconut trees, mangrove wetlands, wild sea grapes and ackee, known locally as zecak.
1.1 [mass noun] The fruit of the ackee, which is eaten as a vegetable but is poisonous until fully ripe: a tree full of ackees [mass noun]: a dish of ackee
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A Sunday brunch/feast of sausage & beans, ackee & saltfish and garlic crabs was put on and they had me licking my fingers and dying for more.
- The national dish in Jamaica is ackee and saltfish, but curried goat and rice, and fried fish and barnrny (a flat, baked cassava bread) are just as popular and delicious.
- You can also get your saltfish with ackee, a combo referred to as Jamaica's national dish.
Late 18th century: from Kru ākee.
Palabras que riman con ackeeBacchae, baccy, cracky, Jackie, lackey, tacky, wacky
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: ackee
Definición de ackee en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda