Definición de ackee en inglés:
1A tropical West African tree which is cultivated for its fruit and has been introduced into the Caribbean and elsewhere.
- Blighia sapida, family Sapindaceae
- Using flashlights to look outside, it seems as if part of the ackee tree has fallen down.
- Fond d' Or is a lush green wooded area with coconut trees, mangrove wetlands, wild sea grapes and ackee, known locally as zecak.
1.1 [mass noun] The fruit of the ackee, which is eaten as a vegetable but is poisonous until fully ripe: a tree full of ackees [mass noun]: a dish of ackee
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A Sunday brunch/feast of sausage & beans, ackee & saltfish and garlic crabs was put on and they had me licking my fingers and dying for more.
- The national dish in Jamaica is ackee and saltfish, but curried goat and rice, and fried fish and barnrny (a flat, baked cassava bread) are just as popular and delicious.
- You can also get your saltfish with ackee, a combo referred to as Jamaica's national dish.
late 18th century: from Kru ākee.
Definición de ackee en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan