Definición de acolyte en inglés:
1A person assisting a priest in a religious service or procession.
- There were scores of acolytes and priests, preparing to begin the ritual.
- With no Sunday school program for the five or so children present, we were invited to be part of the Sunday morning service. I served as an acolyte, a lay reader, and even led liturgical dance.
- Priests, acolytes and choirboys pad round a central tent that represents the holy of holies, the spiritual home of the Ark.
1.1An assistant or follower: she runs the department through a small group of acolytes
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But he also set an undisputed world record, for the number of aides, acolytes, spongers and hangers-on that he assembled in one place at the same time.
- After a triumphal festival performance in California last month, Smith and co will soon tour with a string of acolytes supporting.
- It is daft only because the politicians, their acolytes and braindead supporters will label it daft.
North American informal body man
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan