sustantivo (plural acouchis)
- A large forest rodent resembling an agouti, found in the Amazon basin.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Myoprocta, family Dasyproctidae: two species
- The dental formula of agoutis and acouchis is 1 / 1, 0 / 0, 1 / 1, 3/3 = 20.
- Agoutis and their smaller relatives, the acouchis, are common diurnal rodents of the forest interior.
- Unlike the other small mammals, acouchis are herbivores and eat grass roots, leaves, and fruit.
late 18th century: from French, from Tupi.