(also acquired character)
- A modification or change in an organ or tissue that is due to use, disuse, or environmental effects during an organism’s lifetime.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The theory of inheritance of acquired characteristics postulated by Jean-Baptiste Lamarck early in the 19th century is undergoing a surprising revival, albeit in modified form.
- The giraffe is often used as an example of contrast between Lamarck's idea of acquired characteristics with Darwin's natural selection.
- The details of this theory need not concern us, except to note that it was ‘Larmarckist’ in its contention that it is possible for organisms to inherit acquired characteristics.
Más definiciones de acquired characteristicDefinición de acquired characteristic en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.