Definición de acrimonious en inglés:
(Typically of speech or discussion) angry and bitter: an acrimonious dispute about wages
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The deal was reached on Sunday after five days of sometimes acrimonious negotiations.
- There could be as much bitter and acrimonious political argument and debate as they liked, but from now on all problems had to be resolved politically.
- The more acrimonious and bitter an argument or election contest appears to be, the less likely it is that anything of principle will really be at stake.
bitter, rancorous, caustic, acerbic, scathing, sarcastic, acid, harsh, sharp, razor-edged, cutting, astringent, trenchant, mordant, virulent;
spiteful, vicious, crabbed, vitriolic, savage, hostile, hate-filled, venomous, poisonous, nasty, ill-natured, mean, malign, malicious, malignant, waspish, pernicious, splenetic, irascible, choleric
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- But by 2001, she had failed to win a seat in the Australian federal Senate and her party broke up acrimoniously amid allegations of wrongdoing and internal bickering.
- Last week, the society vigorously defended its record on complaints, insisting only 0.4% of its dealings with the public ended acrimoniously.
- The courts will decide if the allegations are true, but one thing is certain: working for a celebrity can be more lucrative than marrying one, especially when it all ends acrimoniously.
Palabras que riman con acrimoniousantimonious, ceremonious, erroneous, euphonious, felonious, harmonious, parsimonious, Petronius, sanctimonious, Suetonius
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda