Definición de actant en inglés:
1 Grammar A noun or noun phrase involved in the action expressed by a verb.
- The first metafunction consists of an underlying semantic structure or logical form describing relations between actants fulfilling roles in a process (verb or predicate).
- We use the term ‘valence’ to describe semantically an actant of the verb, i. e., to describe the semantic role of the actant.
- Transitive verbs typically have actants that play thematic semantic roles.
2(In literary theory) a person, creature, or object playing any of a set of active roles in a narrative.
- Successful actor-networks are built by enrolling the heterogeneous actants as active participants in a common project.
- As Swapan Chakravorty has observed, the characters in A Chaste Maid in Cheapside are the result of a ‘shuffling [of] the old actants and indices’ of Middleton's earlier plays.
- These four steps describe the interactions between three actants (abstract representations of characters and their functions): the Subject, the Object and the Sender.
Definición de actant en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan