Definición de actinic en inglés:
(Of light or lighting) able to cause photochemical reactions, as in photography, through having a significant short wavelength or ultraviolet component.
- This approach can be very cost-effective, since the cost of non-LED based actinic illumination is significantly lower than LED-based illumination.
- These states were detected both by short actinic flashes and by the switching of the actinic illumination level between different stationary state values.
- Leaves were then illuminated with actinic light and saturating flashes of 0.7 s duration were applied every 1.5 min.
- Example sentences
- Optical radiation may cause chemical changes in living or non-living materials: this property is called actinism and radiation capable of causing such changes is referred to as actinic radiation.
- The author here suggests the introduction of a useful word, radiance, to express the light, radiant heat, and actinism of the sun, which are evidently modifications of the same form of energy.
- The germination of seeds in the spring is dependent upon the variations in the amount of actinism or chemical influence of light and heat.
Definición de actinic en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan