- A region on an enzyme that binds to a protein or other substance during a reaction.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We propose that calcium ions set the machine in motion by initiating the contraction of the actin-myosin that they bind at active sites on the proteins.
- The second step involves binding of phospholipid molecules in the active site of the adsorbed enzyme.
- Extremes of pH or temperature irreversibly abolish enzyme activity, and so also do some substances that bind to the active sites of particular enzymes.
Más definiciones de active siteDefinición de active site en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.