sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
- The axiom or assumption that each feature of an organism is the result of evolutionary adaptation for a particular function.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This joint consideration of Darwinian adaptationism and ecology has, in fact, produced the discipline of behavioral ecology.
- It is of course a short step from these premises to the view that adaptation is a universal moulder of forms and behaviour, and adaptationism a universal acid for dissolving away scientific problems.
- That's the continental tradition as much as adaptationism is the English tradition.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The problem with existing adaptationist hypotheses of human reproductive behavior is twofold.
- This is an adaptationist account of evolution, and one that most evolutionists would probably accept as uncontroversial.
- Selectionist or adaptationist thinking was proposed by two Englishmen, Darwin and Wallace, and the first converts were also therefore British.
Más definiciones de adaptationismDefinición de adaptationism en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.