Definición de adaptationism en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
The axiom or assumption that each feature of an organism is the result of evolutionary adaptation for a particular function.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- This joint consideration of Darwinian adaptationism and ecology has, in fact, produced the discipline of behavioral ecology.
- It is of course a short step from these premises to the view that adaptation is a universal moulder of forms and behaviour, and adaptationism a universal acid for dissolving away scientific problems.
- That's the continental tradition as much as adaptationism is the English tradition.
adaptationist sustantivo& adjetivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The problem with existing adaptationist hypotheses of human reproductive behavior is twofold.
- This is an adaptationist account of evolution, and one that most evolutionists would probably accept as uncontroversial.
- Selectionist or adaptationist thinking was proposed by two Englishmen, Darwin and Wallace, and the first converts were also therefore British.
Definición de adaptationism en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda