Definición de adaptationism en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
The axiom or assumption that each feature of an organism is the result of evolutionary adaptation for a particular function.
- This joint consideration of Darwinian adaptationism and ecology has, in fact, produced the discipline of behavioral ecology.
- It is of course a short step from these premises to the view that adaptation is a universal moulder of forms and behaviour, and adaptationism a universal acid for dissolving away scientific problems.
- That's the continental tradition as much as adaptationism is the English tradition.
adaptationist sustantivo& adjetivo
- Example sentences
- The problem with existing adaptationist hypotheses of human reproductive behavior is twofold.
- This is an adaptationist account of evolution, and one that most evolutionists would probably accept as uncontroversial.
- Selectionist or adaptationist thinking was proposed by two Englishmen, Darwin and Wallace, and the first converts were also therefore British.
Definición de adaptationism en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan