sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
- The diversification of a group of organisms into forms filling different ecological niches.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Thus, nowadays, these four species represent progressive stages of late speciation and constitute an excellent example of ecological speciation and adaptive radiation.
- Under the ecological theory of adaptive radiation, adaptation and reproductive isolation are thought to evolve as a result of divergent natural selection.
- As in other oceanic islands, the Canaries are characterized by a large number of endemic species as a result of apparent extensive speciation, putatively due to adaptive radiation and genetic drift.
Más definiciones de adaptive radiationDefinición de adaptive radiation en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.