Definición de addict en inglés:
- But do they suffer the same level of discrimination as drug users or addicts?
- A heroin addict who ran a drugs den frequented by dealers at all hours of the day has been jailed for 18 months.
- She lived the typical chaotic lifestyle of a heroin addict and a convicted drug dealer had access to her flat.
- The Elvis impersonator and telly addict is back on the box tomorrow.
- My friend, who is a self-confessed salad addict and doesn't eat meat, opted for the salad nicoise.
- This piece of literature appeals to the tastes of many, whether you're a history buff or sex addict.
Early 20th century: from the obsolete verb addict, which was a back-formation from addicted.
verdict from Middle English:
After the Norman Conquest, French became the language of the law in England and many French legal terms made their way into English. Verdict came immediately from French, but goes back to Latin verus ‘true’, source also of verify (Middle English), veritable (Late Middle English), and very (Middle English), and dicere ‘to say’, from which addict (mid 16th century) originally ‘assigned by decree’ and so bound to something; condition (Middle English) speaking with, agreement; contradiction (Late Middle English) ‘speaking against’; dictate (early 17th century); predict (late 16th century) ‘speaking in advance’; and numerous other words derive.
Palabras que riman con addictafflict, conflict, constrict, contradict, convict, delict, depict, evict, hand-picked, inflict, interdict, Pict, predict, reconvict, strict
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.